Coaching Agile Teams Course
Coaching Agile Teams is a training experience that covers both the being and the doing of agile coaching. There’s a lot to learn, experience and practice!
At the end of the course, you will be capable of applying many new tools and techniques, as well as your own mindset changes, to coach agile teams to high performance.
As practical as it is provocative, the Coaching Agile Teams course challenges agile coaches to rise to the fullest expression of their role and offer simple, practical ways to get there.
to schedule a Coaching Agile Teams Workshop for your group.
You’ll walk away from the course with your personal coaching improvement backlog – a tangible plan you can use to thoughtfully improve your coaching when you’re back in your daily circumstances. We use your real world situations and scenarios throughout the class allowing you to craft powerful ways to address the challenges you face. You’ll also have many new things to try with your teams and you will probably depart with a few provocative ideas to chew on (in fact, maybe wrangle with for a while). All of these outcomes add up to your ability to become the excellent agile coach your teams need.
The Coaching Agile Teams course is meant for ScrumMasters, agile coaches and project managers in transition – people who are ready to take the next step beyond practices and principles and move into activating teams to achieve the full promise of agile.
This course is tailor-made for you if:
- You’ve had a few experiences as an agile coach and it just doesn’t seem to be working for you.
- Your job has become routine and you notice the teams seem to be going through the motions, too.
- Your teams get the practices and are doing well, but not getting the fabulous results you were supposed to get.
- Your are an awesome agile coach and you want the skills that will help you earn the Certified Scrum Coach designation.
- You are spread across many agile teams because your managers think agile coaching is not a full-time job.
- You are not sure if the agile coach role is really right for you.
- What is Agile Coaching? :: Why is it Important?
- The Being and the Doing of Agile Coaching
- Interlocking Roles: Agile Coach, Product Owner, Agile Manager
- When to Coach the Team, When to Coach Individuals
- Skills for Coaching Teams, Team Members, Product Owners, Managers, Stakeholders
- Coaching Styles and When to Use Them
- Setting the Environment for High Performance Teams
- Detecting and Solving Problems
- Starting up Great Teams :: Repairing Existing Teams
- Agile Coach Failure, Recovery and Success Modes
You must be a practicing agile coach with Certified Scrum Master or equivalent experience. This is not an Introduction-level course and we will not be covering the basics of agile or Scrum. In addition, you will be asked to use what you know about your real teams throughout the class so that you can leave with ideas for helping them as soon as you get back.
I want to thank you again for such a wonderful experience in your Coaching Agile Teams workshop – I found you and Michael to be very inspirational and I not only walked away with SO much information, but I truly believe I have a new attitude and approach that will hopefully allow me and my team to be much more successful with our Scrum implementation! ~ Courtney Kauzens
I just completed the Coaching Agile Teams: Course 1 in San Francisco. I can’t express enough how much I appreciated all the information that was shared. Not only did Lyssa honor her book in the course she also added great examples that brought home the message and techniques even more. I greatly appreciated her ability to correlate her techniques to real world scenarios that provided insight on how to scale across organizations at enterprise level.
The next day after class I participated in my Team’s Retrospective and Planning sessions. Unfortuantely, due to the prior Sprint not going as well the Team would have liked, we addressed a number of challenging subjects. I received feeback that it was one of the best we’ve ever had. The Team attributed our collective success to the energy I brought back from the course and I couldn’t agree more. Great class.
~ Ted St.Clair
I recently completed the Coaching Agile Teams class in Boston. Lyssa did an excellent job presenting the material, facilitating the exercises, and creating a supportive and fun environment to learn and grow. Lyssa helped us tackle real-world problems and build our personal backlogs for continued learning after the class. I found the two-days very rewarding and have already applied techniques learned in the class with my team. I plan on taking the second part of this training. I highly recommend this class to Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches!
- Ryan Fullmer
Lyssa did a great job teaching an agile coaching class in Boston this week. She aligned the material to the class needs. She was able to address many real work issues presented by the class in her examples. Many of the techniques were demonstrated using interactive exercises that kept the class fun. I highly encourage SCRUM masters and coaches to take this class to learn/hone skills. I look forward to part 2!
- Karen Turner